NFTY-FASTY Chapter (Farmington Avon Simsbury Temple Youth)
What is NFTY?
Stemming from a historic tradition of both Jewish and non-Jewish European youth movements, the North American Federation of Temple Youth (otherwise known as “NFTY”) is the Reform Jewish religious youth movement that fosters leadership at the national, regional and congregational level. NFTYites forge and build friendships, lifelong Reform Jewish identities, and leadership skills through community building, worship, social action, and experiential youth-led Jewish educational programming. Many NFTYites serve as NFTY leaders on the local Temple Youth Group (TYG), regional, and even North American levels. Many NFTY Leaders continue on to become both lay and professional leaders of the Reform Jewish Movement.
Our chapter of NFTY (called FASTY) offers a wide range of programs and opportunities, including:
- Monthly lounge events for hanging out and making friends
- Weekend programs of all types such as field trips
- Inter-chapter events
- Community service projects and fundraising for tikkun olam
- Shabbat led entirely by members of Congregation
- Weekends at other synagogues within Our Region
- Leadership training program
- Opportunities to meet Jewish teens outside of our Congregation
WE WANT YOU...& YOUR FRIENDS TOO!!
Bring new participants to our events! Never been to a kallah before? Ask about it!
For more information, contact email@example.com.